These are things we have found out about support options announced already plus some new announcements, there will be continual revisions as government formulate details.
Grants from Government for Charities:
- £750,000,000 package of funding.
- Delivery of these funds is predicted to be in weeks rather than days which is disappointing to say the least – hopefully funds will be released earlier than that as these are critical services that need money now!
- £370m for small and medium sized charities supporting local organisations including those delivering food, essential medicines and providing financial advice.
- £360m charities providing key services and vulnerable people including:
- hospices to help increase capacity.
- St Johns Ambulance to support the NHS.
- victims charities, to help with potential increase in demand.
- vulnerable children charities, so they can continue delivering services on behalf of local authorities.
- Citizens Advice to increase the number of staff providing advice during the crisis.
- It would appear that £360m grant fund will be administered by Government departments who will identify the recipient charities.
- For the £370m fund there will be an application system.
- If and when we get more details, we will pass it on.
- For further funding options see – https://charitybank.org/news/covid-19-emergency-funding-for-charities-and-social-sector-organisations
- HMRC online portal is due to go live on April 20th.
- All claims must be made through the portal.
- Details required for each furlough employee:
- NI number
- Salary furloughed
- Employers NI on salary furloughed
- Pension on salary furloughed
- Claim period
- You will need your PAYE scheme activated on your Government Gateway account, if you don’t have a Government Gateway login apply immediately as this can take 10 days to set up.
- If Chariot House prepare your payroll we have checked your Government Gateway access and will be in touch if we ned more information.
- If we don’t prepare your payroll but you would like assistance with furlough please do get in touch through your usual contacts.
- Make one claim per payrun.
- Claims can be made 14 days ahead of the paydate.
- Sadly HMRC are expecting significant fraud so do keep adequate records as HMRC will being doing audits of some claims.
- HMRC hope to pay claims within 4 to 6 working days.
Next week we will send over a furlough overview with all the key points to consider.
Small Business and Leisure, Hospitality and Retail Rates Grants
- These have been paid out to some clients.
- If you haven’t heard from the council yet – and they should have contacted you by now – do get in touch with them. This seems usually to be by email through a contact page but depends on the council.
- For Brighton if you pay rates go here to apply – brighton-hove.gov.uk/online-services